The Causes of Brain Fog
Brain fog is a term referring to symptoms that are related to some type of cognitive dysfunction, including mental fatigue, memory problems, poor concentration, and inability to focus on tasks. It can become serious and affect your work if left unchecked. Here are some common causes of brain fog.
- Stress: When you’re stressed out, your blood pressure can rise and potentially trigger mental health problems such as depression. When you’re stressed out for a long period of time you may become exhausted and experience mental fatigue.
- Poor sleep habits: If you’re not getting enough sleep, your brain isn’t going to be able to rest and recharge itself in time. You may experience tiredness, poor concentrate, and a feeling of cloudiness in your mental state.
- Hormone imbalance: If you have an imbalance in your hormone levels, such as estrogen and progesterone in women, you may experience memory problems, a lack of concentration, and changes in mood.
- Diet: Not getting a balanced diet every day? That might also be a reason for your brain fog. Not getting the right amount of nutrients such as minerals and vitamins that are responsible for powering your brain can lead to diminished mental performance.
- Other medical conditions: Brain fog might be a sign of another medical condition, including anemia, depression, diabetes, hypothyroidism, and even dementia or Alzheimer’s. This could be your brain telling you to visit a doctor to get yourself checked out.
At Elite Health Hawaii, our clinic provides a range of services to help you restore brain function. This includes our nutrition services, hormone replacement therapy, and much more to help you no matter your stage in life.
Contact us to book a consultation and learn more about how we can help you sharpen your brain’s performance.